What a day for Ukraine, the long awaited arrival of the F-16s and the hitting of various targets inside Russia, Crimea and various other military targets and inferstructures, I understand that Ukraine is losing both land, equipment and worst of all soldiers on their land but I think now the tide will turn in favour of Ukraine. After so long and so much pleading with the west to help them with air support it has finally arrived, The results of this I think will become obvious within the next week or so and I also think that the main aim will be to use them to get for starters Crimea back and after that who knows? There's not a whole squadron of these planes but for now it'll be a game changer and will help hopefully save Ukrainian lives and slowly put a halt to the advance of the russian hoards in occupied territory. Back on the home front as I wrote an unusual Sunday but everything went ok but now the house is quiet until my wife returns today, it's just my eldest daughter and her fiance, our dogs and me. Today is a national holiday so no work for most people except my son who has to work because he is in Germany and I don't think we'll see him for quite a long time as after his three weeks of work he is on holiday so who knows when we will see him again? The Olympics are going pretty well for Croatia and I hope we win a few more medals to add to our tally well that's all the news for today until I have surfed the web and seen all the latest updates from Ukraine and around the world not paying much attention to American politics, so if you enjoyed reading todays blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment